Olympic Day is celebrated every year on June 23rd.
The day marks the birth of the modern olympic games, the Trinidad & Tobago Olympic Committee is proud to present the 2023 version with a combination of activities. There will be display and educational demonstrations of sports and affiliates from the thirty six national sporting organisations. Kids from several schools would benefit from the exposure to sports played throughout T&T as well as learn the importance of the olympic values.
This year we are also excited to bring back the Olympic Day Relay and a display of healthy competition amongst clubs and other sports.
See below for further information.
We invite all NSOs to send in your teams and participate in this year’s activity as we seek to renew and bring sport back to the level of fitness that we know we are capable of. The event will be held on Saturday 17th June, 2023 and will start and finish on the Queen’s Park Savannah opp Woodford Street, Newtown Port of Spain.
The aim of this event is to:
- To showcase Olympic values and the benefits of sport for all
- To educate the youth of the country about sports as a positive alternative
- To promote healthy lifestyles, camaraderie and a competitive spirit among sports and clubs in Trinidad & Tobago
- To promote and increase the need for movement and physical activity throughout
- To commemorate the modern olympic games and continue the tradition to move, learn and discover.
We look forward to you participation and to a day of teamwork; fair, healthy and fun competition.
Olympic Day Relay
Date: Saturday 17, June 2023
Time: 7:00 am
Elements: Five person Relay Team
Course: Queen’s Park Savannah, opp. Woodford Street
Distance: One lap approx 2.3 miles
All registrations whether sent via email or direct must be concluded by WEDNESDAY 14th 2023 by 4:00 p.m.
Sorry, no more registrations are being accepted at time time.
All members must sign the waiver. A member under the age of 18 years must have a parent or guardian sign on their behalf. Signed waivers can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.